Some pieces have been edited since we last played them. Some are new. Titles in brown can be downloaded and printed (click on the brown title OR the PDF further down the page).Titles in black cannot be downloaded.The links below provide the LATEST VERSIONS. Please download and print changed versions, plus any music you do not already have, so that you know you are playing the same edition as the rest of us. You may find it helpful to date them, to make it easier to check for any new or revised music in the future.
1. a "suite" of four dances we played before lockdown: These have changed from last season so you need to print them or email Ian to arrange for a copy to be printed for you. GervaiseAllemande (May 2021) Gervaise Bransle, (May 2021) Praetorius La Volta, (May 2021) Praetorius All in a Garden Green(Version 2, May 2021)
2. Two more substantial dances we enjoyed playing previously: These have NOT changed from last year. Praetorius Ballet (May 2021) and Praetorius Bergerette(May 2021) 3. Two of our well-known favourites: These have NOT changed from last year. Skye Boat Song(May 2021) and Greensleeves (the latter not available for download).
4. Two new pieces sent to members during lockdown: These are new so you do need to print out or email Ian to arrange for a copy to be printed for you. Corelli'sGiga (June 2021) (with thanks to Rik)and
5. To round off, celebrating warmer weather with: English Country Garden(with thanks to Rik). This has not changed from last year.
Looking further ahead, we have loads of familiar and possible new music to choose from once we are ready to expand on our "starter repertoire" above. Some of these pieces are for the whole group, some for smaller ensembles, some accessible to all of us, and some that will challenge our more advanced players.
Think you might be interested in joining this group?
1. If you are not already a member of Southwell U3A but are interested in finding out more about these groups and/or would like to attend one of their group meetings please click on the Contact Us link and let us know which group you are interested in. We will arrange for the Group Leader to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
2. If you are already a member of Southwell U3A and are interested in joining either group you can contact the Group Leader directly. Their details are in the Group Leaderspage in our Membership Area of the website. As a Southwell U3A member you will have received the password for the Members Area pages in Newsline. If you have forgotten the password please use the Contact Usfacility on this website to request the password.